Perfect Persimmon Infusion
Can’t find a persimmon? The ginger and vanilla make a great combo on their own.
- 1 ripe persimmon, cut in 8 slices
- 2 T sliced ginger
- 2 vanilla beans, scored and flattened
- 1 ¾ c Tresillo Rum
- 1. Wash 1-pint canning jars and lids in hot, soapy water or run through the dishwasher.
- 2. Place cleaned and prepared infusing ingredients in the jar.
- 3. Fill with vodka or rum.
- 4. Cover with lid and shake a few times.
- 5. Store in a cool, dark place and shake 3-5 times a day.
- 6. After day 4, taste your infusion to see if it has reached the flavor you desire. Continue infusing/shaking until you like the way it tastes.
- 7. Once you’re satisfied, pour the infusion through a coffee filter or strainer to filter the infusing ingredients. Pour into the final container of your choice.
- 8. Store as you would any other liquor.
- 9. Enjoy your infusion as you would other spirits — on the rocks, straight up or mixed in a cocktail. Perfect Persimmon Infusion on the rocks with a seltzer or soda would be a great place to start!