Satsuma Street Party Vodka Infusion
Find the easily-peelable satsuma in stores from September–January
- Peel of 3 Louisiana satsumas
- 1 ¾ c Crescent Vodka
- 1. Wash 1-pint canning jars and lids in hot, soapy water or run through the dishwasher.
- 2. Place cleaned and prepared infusing ingredients in the jar.
- 3. Fill with vodka or rum.
- 4. Cover with lid and shake a few times.
- 5. Store in a cool, dark place and shake 3-5 times a day.
- 6. After day 4, taste your infusion to see if it has reached the flavor you desire. Continue infusing/shaking until you like the way it tastes.
- 7. Once you’re satisfied, pour the infusion through a coffee filter or strainer to filter the infusing ingredients. Pour into the final container of your choice.
- 8. Store as you would any other liquor.
- 9. Enjoy your infusion as you would other spirits — on the rocks, straight up or mixed in a cocktail. Whip up a Satsuma Street Party Infusion punch for your next Carnival party by mixing with ginger ale or lemon-lime soda and some cranberry juice.