Find the easily-peelable satsuma in stores from September–January
Peel of 3 Louisiana satsumas
1 ¾ c Crescent Vodka
1. Wash 1-pint canning jars and lids in hot, soapy water or run through the dishwasher.
2. Place cleaned and prepared infusing ingredients in the jar.
3. Fill with vodka or rum.
4. Cover with lid and shake a few times.
5. Store in a cool, dark place and shake 3-5 times a day.
6. After day 4, taste your infusion to see if it has reached the flavor you desire. Continue infusing/shaking until you like the way it tastes.
7. Once you’re satisfied, pour the infusion through a coffee filter or strainer to filter the infusing ingredients. Pour into the final container of your choice.
8. Store as you would any other liquor.
9. Enjoy your infusion as you would other spirits — on the rocks, straight up or mixed in a cocktail. Whip up a Satsuma Street Party Infusion punch for your next Carnival party by mixing with ginger ale or lemon-lime soda and some cranberry juice.